Automated Warehouse System
An International material handling customer’s warehouse production output was running at full capacity and with throughput set to increase by an additional 3,000 incoming containers and 2,500 outgoing packages per hour, the customer needed to expand their warehouse operations to accommodate this increase.
- Install a modern fully automated control system able to cope with current & future demand
- Reduce the high level of manual intervention currently experienced at the existing warehouse
New arrangement to incorporate:
- A goods in area, consisting of several infeed lanes, parcel measuring and barcode marking stations
- A fully automated high-volume storage and retrieval system (ASRS)
- 120 operator work stations for value added services
- 2 floors of product storage
- 16 out-loading lanes for packing and despatch for shipping.
- Systems to allow for the re-use and recycling of old cartons and the dispensing of new cartons